Yet another excited Mastodon instance. This node has not a main focus, and I do think it should never have. Read Rules before deciding to join, please.
I am @PeterCxy, a free-software enthusiast, currently an Undergraduate student. I am also a daily Linux user, and learning to be a sysadmin.
This instance is hosted for personal hobby. It runs on a VM on an online.net server with E3-1231v3, 32G RAM, unmetered up to 1Gbps bandwidth and 2x1T HDD storage. An east-asian reverse proxy is applied for better connection to Asia. I also run my personal blog at https://typeblog.net (in Chinese).
This instance currently runs Mastodon v1.4.7 on ArchLinux with Docker. Everything rolls fast :) Below after the Rules section, you can have an overview on the current status of the server.
- This is an open community, so please try to be open and loving to others.
- Please understand this is not the Dark Web. Decentralization is not synonym to hidden identity. Contact the admins if anything illegal come in here.
- Sorry, but no politic-sensitive content here, and please avoid extreme religious content. Actually we won't ban you just because content on politics, but please be kindly noticed that it is not the best place for these content here. (But isn't the belief 'decentralization and privacy' itself a political idea? Huh.)
- Use Content Warning (CW) for any possible NSFW content or content that may make people uncomfortable here. BUT NO CHILD PORN ALLOWED. Please use the Report feature if you see any inappropriate content.
- This instance is hosted on a personal server and with periodical backups. Nothing will break soon :)
- I can't make any guarantee on how many registrations can this instance be open to. For now, sit back and relax.
- Donate if you like: 17qX8PpiSCNsqAMVRHA7BWRGcREzgXaH8F (BTC)
- After all, if you are joining this Mastodon instance, it means that you trust the administrator @PeterCxy, who set up and fully manage this instance, because thus he can block you, remove your content, view your email address etc. here. I still recommend that anyone who is able to set up his / her own instance should do it, and this is also good for the ecosystem of GNU Social / Mastodon.
- Have fun and don't be angry :joy:
You can also view the complete status page here.